Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PJ Hairston, BUSTED
DevilDJ
post Dec 9 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #61

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

IC. Home to some of the biggest unx fans on the planet. How then are they also the most stupid and delusional when it comes to this particular case and anything else deemed too uncomfortable for message board discussion? Geez Louise , some of these stupid fux know less about what's goin' on over there than opposing fans. Unreal...
If so, is there any indication of when the NCAA is going to rule on these other investigations? It is puzzling that PJ and Leslie are under indefinite suspension without the NCAA setting up a deadline or a clear process for how their cases will be handled. Other IC threads have touched on other investigations (Manziel, other basketball players), but I'm not aware of any other current investigations that are underway. What's the holdup?

My concern is that the ruling will come well after their suspensions should have been up, which will cause the NCAA to decide that they get time served (plus 1 or two additional games so that it will appear that the NCAA's ruling was timely). Agree that Leslie and PJ should have behaved themselves, but that doesn't mean that unc should simply bend over and let them receive an unfair sentence.

Why is the PJ/LMac Investigation Taking so Long? Seems fairly ridiculous.

Because we're not in the SEC. It took the NCAA all of 5 seconds to decide not to do anything when Alabama football players were 100% implicated for taking improper benefits. In other words, it's a load of horse crap

I was hoping for news one way or another. Yes, I want PJ and Leslie back as much as anyone. I just want the issue to be resolved so we know what we are dealing with with a hope of good news but news at least. If this drags out for more WEEKS and then we hear bad news, I will be extra mad than if they just told us now

The truth is unc is a bunch of pansies for putting up with this. How many kids were screwed during the football investigation. Yes, a few committed acts against NCAA rules, but I would venture to say around 1/3 to 1/2 of the players suspended didn't do anything and were unjustly screwed over. This is exactly what is happening here. Both Lmac's and PJ's final seasons at unc are being cut short by the corrupt and bias organization in the NCAA. I would love for Roy to say " ______ or get off the pot" to the NCAA in one of his press conferences. That would be classic.

Without a paper trail, there is not substantial evidence so the case should be finalized with the one time use of the car or whatever it was PJ told the NCAA. I do not care if some mother says he had a car all the time. Unless there is hard evidence (i.e. a receipt showing PJ had possession of the car during a time he did not tell the NCAA), they have nothing. So issue the 3-5 game suspension and move on. This is not Zero Dark Thirty, this is a piddly little nothing case about a stupid rental car. NCAA kids borrow cars all the time. The Louisville kid did so what is the difference? I know, I know, this has been discussed to death.

Because we do things the "carolina Way." Don't you love it.

At what point do their lawyers seek an injunction against the NCAA? The injunction should seek to allow them to play with no consequences to unc until they make their decision.

If PJ and Les were star football players on a top 10 team the decision would have been made 6 months ago

No. Wherever you've gotten that from is misinformed. The mouth guard wasn't an "impermissible benefit" any more than uniforms/shoes are. The issue is that the dentist office was using McDonald's image on facebook.

Why are you so sure it isn't an impermissible benefit? Do you have any info that contradicts the following:

"Kirschner said the school has no official relationship with Iceberg to provide mouth guards or services to unc athletes...." "The school has declined to say how McDonald acquired the mouth guard. Iceberg's website shows customized mouth guards . . . ranging from $150 to as much as $1,500." espn.go.com/mens-college-baske...e-mcdonald-site It certainly seems like this could be one of the issues with McDonald's eligibility.

Do you have any info that contradicts that Lmac bought that mouth guard. Then the company used his image wearing the product without his permission. I'm not saying that any of the info above is factual, however the mouth guard is not going to be the major issue with him.

The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations in the country. Its selective enforcement is a load of crap.

I think it IS unc doing to the investigating from what I've read- unless I'm wrong-I think it's entirely possible that unc finishes a lengthy "fact-finding" mission in which the real goal is to protect the integregity of the university, and the NCAA finds nothing more worth investigating- that soon after unc stops fact-finding, we get our players back.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Dec 10 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #62

Hall of Famer

Pathetic...
Petitioning Mark Emmert

NCAA: Let PJ Hairston & Leslie McDonald play basketball!!!!!

The NCAA has been investigating PJ & Leslie for over 4 months now in relation to impermissible benefits that they allegedly recieved as players on the unc basketball team. This investigation has gone on long enough!

The NCAA is aware of the facts in the case and continue to drag their feet on making a decision on whether PJ & Leslie will play again! It's ludicrous to think it would take a organization as big & powerful as the NCAA to take this long in deciding the fate of these great athletes!!! The University has cooperated fully in the investigation but no decision is being made and they continue to ride the bench in hopes of maybe playing again for the University they love so much. We were all young (or still are) and have made some reckless decisions but everyone deserves the chance to start again.

It's time to move forward in this process and get PJ & Leslie back on the court where they belong!!! Maybe as a fan base we can make a difference by signing this petition and letting the NCAA know this is wrong and won't be tolerated! We put money in their pockets every day in attending games, buying mecrchandise etc! How do they let other players continue to play amid rape allegations and other questionable behavior but PJ & Leslie are being accused of what is deemed by the masses as minor!!!! The University is cooperating fully and still cannot get the answers they, the fans and ESPECIALLY PJ & Leslie deserve!!!!! #freepj #freeleslie

LINK
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Dec 10 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #63

Hall of Famer

'Unusual' delay leaves questions as P.J. Hairston sits for unc

Greensboro native P.J. Hairston has gone more than half a calendar year not knowing how offseason troubles will affect his long-term eligibility during this North carolina basketball season.

And frankly, there may be more confusion surrounding Hairston’s eligibility now than ever before.

“It wouldn’t have been unusual to see a decision that came a month or two into the school year, but now we’re getting into a month or two into the season? That’s unusual,” said John Infante, a former compliance officer at NCAA Division I schools whose Bylaw Blog was formerly featured at NCAA.org.

Infante now works with Athnet, a recruiting and information resource for high school students trying to gain an athletics scholarship. The organization tries to help students navigate that process. He also continued his Bylaw Blog on Athnet’s website.

Before the season, unc coach Roy Williams said there was “no question” in his mind that Hairston, unc’s leading scorer last season, would play.

“If he wasn’t going to play, why would I run him to death? … He will play,” Williams said.

But 188 days later, Hairston remains on the bench and maybe for good. And the tone in Chapel Hill changed.

After North carolina’s win against Richmond, CBSSports.com writer Gary Parrish asked Williams whether he thought he would ever coach Hairston again.

“I think I will,” Williams said. “There’s no doubt in my mind that I think I will. But I don’t know.”

So what gives?

According to Infante, who has followed Hairston’s case since this summer, delays in a ruling like this could stem from a handful of things. It’s possible the situation is out of Williams’ hands, which it appears to be, and in the hands of unc’s administration or the NCAA. It’s also possible that the NCAA has ruled on Hairston and is waiting on an appeal from the school before either announces anything.

“We’ve seen that in a transfer or two this year, where the NCAA told reporters that they had ruled on something but the school refused to say what that ruling was,” Infante said.

Williams acknowledged in mid-October than the NCAA would have a say in Hairston’s ruling, likely stemming from the use of a rental car rented by a Durham party promoter and convicted felon. Hairston was suspended indefinitely by unc on July 28 after two traffic stops produced charges of marijuana possession, reckless driving and driving without a license and after one stop took place in the vehicle rented by a felon who received 36 months of supervised probation as part of a plea deal for drug and gun charges he was facing.

North carolina guard Leslie McDonald is also sitting out after his image was used by a custom mouth guard company.

Hairston’s marijuana and license charges were dropped, and the charge of speeding was reduced.

But NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2 states that an automobile or the use of an automobile as a prohibited extra benefit from an institutional employee or representative of the institution’s athletics interests.

“You have a lot of contact and what appears to be a lot of benefits exchanged — or at least something the NCAA might say is an extra benefit with the use of a rental car,” Infante said. “And it’s with someone who, not just with the criminal issues, but it’s someone who is in this sort of party-promoting (and) marketing-type world, which the NCAA has found has a lot of connections to agents and runners and the type of people the NCAA has been fighting to keep away from athletes.”

And the NCAA has no jurisdiction over those types of people, making an investigation even tougher.

“If they’re trying to get documentation or something concrete on the record about the number of days the rental car was used, the value of the rental car over those days (and) any other benefits that might have been exchanged or provided, that’s going to be very difficult from someone who the NCAA can ask for but someone they can’t force,” he said.

The largest threat to Hairston, and it appears to be a realistic threat considering the delay, is if the NCAA finds that Hairston wasn’t forthcoming to investigators.

“For the players, the starting point is that you lose the whole season of competition,” Infante said. “So, if the NCAA deems that an athlete misled the investigators or lied to the investigators or not provided something to the investigators … it’s up to the school or athlete to make the case, beyond just explaining why what they said was not a deliberate lie or attempt to mislead anybody.”

It is possible to trim down that ruling. Texas appealed a yearlong suspension of guard Myck Kabongo last season, and it was reduced to 23 games.

Of course, that’s all speculation. The delay in ruling on Hairston’s eligibility could be a backlog of NCAA cases, Infante said. The NCAA prioritizes cases based on the athlete’s need to get back into competition, he said.So it will handle football- and fall sports-related cases in the summer (when Hairston’s offseason issues took place) and then attempt to work on winter-sports cases by August and September. Infante said it’s possible a accumulation of cases pushed the NCAA’s investigation back to October.

“There were a number of transfer waivers that looked sort of like slam-dunk cases, and it looked like it took the NCAA quite a while to get to those cases,” Infante said. “That may be an explanation that they had — a number of decisions that needed to be made in other sports.”

The possibilities are numerous, and it’s all a waiting game from here — even, apparently, for Williams. North carolina’s coach has continued to say he doesn’t know how Hairston’s ruling will be resolved. Nobody seems to know.

The only thing we know is this ruling has been unusually delayed.

Fighting For PJ. #carolinaway
+Quote Post
Pookie
post Dec 11 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #64

Admonisher

Group: Member
Member No.: 32

#carolinaway

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Dec 11 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #65

Hall of Famer

Still trying to comprehend what's "unusual" about the delay. NCAA has justifiably shet-canned PJ and the CHeats are fighting it. I'd say that's anything BUT "unusual" coming from unx.
+Quote Post
Pookie
post Dec 11 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #66

Admonisher

Member No.: 32

no shit. why doesn't the "media" just say:

"the NCAA has determined that unc-ch***** and BJ are cheaters, BJ has been banned from collegiate affaletics and unc-ch***** is appealing that decision."

everyone knows this is whats going on.
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Feb 21 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #67

Hall of Famer

At the 1:45 mark , he's asked about Fats. He punts...
He's been the talk of Chapel Hill since the summer. But he's been the talk of Greensboro long before that. Before P.J. Hairston was a college basketball star, he was a high school star.

Over the summer, our hometown boy ran into trouble and now he's very far from home.

WFMY News 2's Liz Crawford talked to P.J. via Skype. He's playing in the NBA developmental league for the Texas Legends.

P.J. recalled a conversation from two months ago when Coach Roy Williams told him he was done. It came after a summer full of off-the-court drama.

"When he first told me, I was, I mean, I cried of course, because basically he told me that was the end of my college career," said Hairston.

In May, Hairston was cited for speeding. In June, it was possession of marijuana and driving without a license but those charges were dropped. Both times he was driving a rental car linked to convicted felon, Hayden "Fats" Thomas.

"The type of person I am, I don't really care how people feel about me because deep down, I know who I am as a person,"said Hairston.

P.J. Hairston led the Tarheels in scoring last season with 14.5 points a game. He drained 89 three-pointers, the second most in unc single-season history.

"Of course I wanted to stay in college, play college ball but I mean at the end of the day, decisions were made. I had to move on."

P.J. said he misses the carolina environment most.

"The crowd and the atmosphere, and just the students there, the love they have for the basketball team, how hard they cheer no matter who we're playing."

P.J. is still taking online courses at carolina while he plays for the Legends. He said the hardest part of the D League is getting used to the traveling. After this season, he says he'll enter the NBA draft.

WFMY News 2 reached out to the University of North carolina. They declined comment and said P.J. can speak for himself.

CHeats
+Quote Post
Lee Corso
post Feb 21 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #68

your dad

Member No.: 2

Interpretation of the interview....

"The crowd and the atmosphere, and just the students there, the love they have for the basketball team

"Two words....Eringhaus blondes"

"The type of person I am, I don't really care how people feel about me because deep down, I know who I am as a person,"

"You don't know me!"

P.J. is still taking online courses at carolina

"No show classes....All A's!...I be helpin' da APR"

P.J. said he misses the carolina environment most.

"Nice wheels, weed, white girls, no classes...dat wuz da life"

+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Feb 28 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #69

Hall of Famer

JSWOROH
Freshman
450 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 12:44 PM
My Night with P.J. Hairston A MUST READ
As I might have mentioned before I am a season ticket holder to the Canton Charge, the Cavs NBA D-League affiliate. As important as the Duke/Cuse rematch was I DVR'd it and went spoiler free to go see P.J. Hairston and the Texas Legends come to the Canton Civic Center.

I sit in the front row corner, directly next to the home team bench. So I'm in prime heckling territory. As soon as P.J. entered the game (off the bench, since he's not very good), I began yelling his name. He made his way to the corner where he was most of the game waiting for the ball. Maybe he thought Roy had called for Dean's 4 corners nonsense. I don't know. But he used a variety of swear words at me and even made the Dr. Ken Jeong Hangover jerking off motion. At this point he was warned by a referee to not do anything more.

So of course he continued with dropping F-bombs at me and as I continued to ask about Swahili courses, Fat's rent-a-car business, and whether or not he enjoyed Argyle. The highlight of the evening came when one of our guards hit a game clinching 3 pointer to put us up 10 with under a minute to play and Hairston came my way. I stood up, unzipped my coat to reveal a Duke World Order t-shirt and P.J. in his infinite wisdom said "scoreboard b*tch." I of course pointed out the Charge were up 10 and he should focus on fouling. He responded with "No, unc beat Duke." I hit the walk off and said "You got kicked out of there, you can't claim them anymore." P.J. then stood directly in front of me starring at me for the remaining minute not even wasting his "valuable" time to hustle down court to attempt to help his squad.

The genius of P.J. Hairston can be summed up in a 2 day period this week where he followed @karlhessreferee on twitter thinking the account was not a parody but in fact really Karl Hess. How do I know this happened? I am the person behind that twitter account and I happily informed P.J. of this fact. Clearly Mr. Hairston’s future will not be running NASA.
P.J.'s totals 6-16 shooting, 2-9 from 3, 16 points, 1 assist, 4 rebounds, & 5 fouls. Another poor effort, from a kid with a lot of talent and no brains. Oh and by the way scouts from 5 NBA teams were in attendance last night including the new GM of the Cavs who will be picking around where P.J. could be selected.
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Mar 22 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #70

Hall of Famer

PJ Hairston starts over as unc basketball team moves on

It has been about three months since Hairston left unc amid an impermissible benefits case so egregious that the school didn’t seek his reinstatement from the NCAA. Three months since a long saga – one that in North carolina made household topics out of rental cars and a convicted felon named Fats Thomas – finally ended.

In some ways the story has yet to reach its final conclusion.

Whatever the Tar Heels do – or don’t do – in the NCAA tournament will come with a question: How much better could the Tar Heels have been if Hairston had stayed out of trouble?

Hairston is aware of this but he doesn’t necessarily like to talk about it. He has moved on, or at least he says so.

“I’m not going to say I’ve gotten used to it,” Hairston said

Then one day in the middle of December, he met with Bubba Cunningham, the unc athletic director. Cunningham told him the cold reality – that unc wouldn’t seek his reinstatement from the NCAA.

“It shocked me a lot, actually,” Hairston said. “I wasn’t expecting them to say, oh, well, you’re done at North carolina. I mean, that wasn’t the first thing I thought. I was expecting them at worst to say, oh, 15 game suspension. Something like that. But I mean, they didn’t. So once he said it I was just like, well, I’ve got to move on.”

Hairston found trouble repeatedly in the summer. There was the arrest last June in Durham at a license checkpoint, and the charges – both later dropped – of marijuana possession and driving without a license. There was the revelation that the new GMC Yukon he’d been driving that night had been rented and paid for by Thomas, the felon.

And then, later, there was the slow trickle of information about Hairston’s possible use of other high-end rental cars. When Hairston in July found more trouble – a reckless driving charge for speeding down Interstate 85 toward Charlotte – Williams suspended him indefinitely. He always thought Hairston would be back, though.

Everyone did, until everything changed. When Williams and Hairston met before the news became public, Hairston said there were tears. He cried. Williams cried.

He doesn’t have much to say about the cars or about Thomas. He doesn’t have much to say about what led him down the path that led to his exit from unc.

About Thomas, a party promoter, Hairston smiled. Leslie McDonald, a unc senior guard, served a nine-game suspension for using rental cars that were tied to the same man. Fats Thomas became something of a household name, and that seems to amuse Hairston.

“He’s obviously like some big-time celebrity – which is funny to me,” he said. “But I’m not going to speak on him, because that’s none of my business.”

and though he’s taking an online class at unc, he said, “I don’t have to worry about sitting in lectures.”

“I’ve learned not to put myself in that situation ever again,” Hairston said. “That’s the main thing. So you won’t ever have to worry about me being in a situation where I’m taking a damn mugshot.

“The main thing that I was frustrated with myself about was just the decisions I made. I just made some bad decisions. Made some bad decisions and ended up in the wrong situation with the wrong people.”

This will be the first game he has seen in person since he left for good. He still keeps in touch with his teammates – he’s in on a group text message conversation with a lot of them – and Hairston said he talks with McDonald, the senior guard, most of all.

By the time Williams and his players met with reporters on Thursday, word had spread that Hairston was planning on being there on Friday night. James Michael McAdoo, the junior forward, said he had no idea that Hairston was coming, and McAdoo didn’t seem to care regardless. McDonald, though, smiled at the thought.

“I haven’t seen him in so long, so I’m excited,” McDonald said. “I’m just excited to see one of my boys. … For me, I speak on behalf of all my teammates when I say that P.J.’s always been a part of this team.”

“A frustrating group to coach? Oh my gosh, no,” Williams said. “All the bull … around it has been frustrating, and you don’t have to use that terminology if you don’t want to. … No, it’s been a marvelous group.

“If it hadn’t been for my team, I would have jumped off the top of the building. My team is the one that was the savior throughout the whole season, and since the off-season. It’s been a tough time in Chapel Hill.”

A “tough time” in Chapel Hill is how Williams describes all the Hairston drama – the arrest and the use of rental cars and then, eventually, his dismissal. Williams has said this has been his most difficult season. He described the Hairston ordeal as the most difficult period of his coaching career.

CHeats
+Quote Post
82 93 05
post Mar 22 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #71

Coach

Group: Members
Member No.: 851

QUOTE(DevilDJ @ Mar 22 2014, 12:06 AM) *

StripClubDJ with some unexpected free time on his hands laugh.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
DevilDJ
post Mar 22 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #72

Hall of Famer

QUOTE(82 93 05 @ Mar 22 2014, 06:51 PM) *

StripClubDJ with some unexpected free time on his hands laugh.gif laugh.gif

"Shooting the messenger?" Really? Ok , what tha fuk. I'll play. Guess I'm kinda like the tarhole fan who runs away from c-sux when his school is revealed to be dirty as fuk but still makes "unexpected" cameos during his "free time" to talk lame shet when State/Duke lose a ballgame. Pot/kettle and I'm betting Duke and State manage to win games again. unx will never win back their rep. Cheaters/laughingstocks forever. Enjoy your upcoming NCAA sanctions,books,magazine articles,HBO specials and , maybe! , even a theatrical release. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif And btw. Looks like someone enjoyed my PJ story...
Rand Getlin favorited your Tweet

13h: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/03/21/372...ver-as-unc.html … @Rand_Getlin

@EricPrisbell @macwfnz Fats ="none of his business" & no more "sitting in lectures." Writes itself,no?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin

Reporter & Legal Analyst for @YahooSports | Producer of Y!'s Dream Chasers | @USCGouldLaw alum | Sports car enthusiast | Fiat Lux

Los Angeles, California

randgetlin.com

Need a link?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Pookie
post Mar 22 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #73

Admonisher